Saturday, March 31, 2007

Multitasked man




It's him again..The only man who i know interact or working with 2 computers in one time.I believe you definetely thought this gentleman fully occupied & have multiple jobs to carry out. Hmmm,ok i let you know why he got 2computers to work on.

Flashed back 4months ago:-
Our company has obtained a sizeable project frm a big CM in Singapore.We given a short leadtime and gotta accomplish before the dateline since my big boss given commitment to them.
Below is conversation between him and my boss after gain the project
(day1)
Boss: Koh,makesure you & your team work closely and complete it before dateline.
Koh: Ohh,no problem boss!

(day3)
Boss: Koh,how's status?
Koh: Already complete developing.Now programming to cut and so-on..
Boss: Ok Ok,good

(day7)
Boss: Is everthing smooth?
Koh: Yes,yes.

But infact the entire schedule was'nt smooth as planned.Im worried and whispered actual situation to the boss.

(day8)
Boss ringged him and i was standing beside him.

Boss:Hey Koh,Where are u?Come & see me in my office now!!
Koh :Ok,ok,sir.coming now.

He running to see boss in fast gallop while im chuckling seeing his reaction.
Koh: Yes,boss.
Boss: Can you update me the progress

Koh staring at me furiously as he knows i alr exploded everthing to the boss.Thus he cant hide or continue bluffing.
Koh:Sir,i still developing as my deskstop is very slow,hangs,lousy,etc....Its not me delaying but the computer plus the old CAD program doesnt support me to multitasking the job.
Boss:Why dont you tell me earlier?
Koh:I worry you might thinks i will blame the computer.That y.
Boss:Anyway you still putting blame to computer but not on you now! ok ok.well if i buy you a workstation equipped with lastest CAD sofware does it will help you?
Koh:Yea,sure.No doubt,sir.I can do more job in one occasion.
Boss:Ok,i will buy it asap but i dont want hear this type excuses again.

(day14)
Koh starts using workstation plus latest CAD which costs nearly RM30K++..He rushing to catch the time losses but we're still behind the schedule.So i went and approach him.

Kalai: Koh,We're running out of time.u know!! Y so slow?
Koh: Kanasai!! wait la.u think im not working but this workstation is no good lar..My deskstop better then this hor but Kalai,i hv one problem here.
Kalai: what again?Dont ask for another computer.ok
Koh: Since i using two computer,i kinda blurr & confused lar.Dunno where i stored the working files and spend my time to dig/search in both computers.
Kalai:Sigh.U r sucks!!

The morale of story,the more you multitask the more splits your conscious awareness and disminishes your work productivity.Thus pls the manage the time and work efficiently to exhibit more output.

Ultimately, i got this sign frm him after i told going publish about his story .
You're welcome.Its same goes to you,Koh!! hahaha LOL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He so funny la.

Anonymous said...

He is "MR EXCUSE"...

Anonymous said...

i gotta tell same excuse to my boss as Mr.Koh did cos i want new PC.hehehe.

Anonymous said...

This koh so cute..

Anonymous said...

U r bad,kalai.U complaint to the boss.